Overflow Hotel Information
For our 25th anniversary convention, A-Kon® is proud to once again be partnering with the Hilton Anatole Hotel. The Hotel did a great job welcoming A-Kon into the hotel, and has a great plan in place to improve on your experience in 2014.
The Hilton Anatole has over 1,600 guest rooms and is one of the largest hotels in the Southwest. Each guest room will come fully equipped with the standard amenities ranging from hair dryers, irons, ironing boards, coffee makers, ice buckets, among others. The Anatole has a fully enclosed seven acre park on the grounds, including a jogging track and an outdoor swimming pool. The hotel has more meeting space than any other hotel in the area, as well as wonderful hotel rooms, including several different types of suites.
One of the things that the Anatole is most known for is its Asian art collection. We will be putting much more information about the art collection on the website, please check back often.
The Hilton Anatole is a hotel located at 2201 North Stemmons Freeway Dallas, Texas 75207 in the Dallas Design District near downtown Dallas, Texas.Directions to Hotel
We know that there were some issues last year in that some of the amenities were removed from rooms, prior to our arrival. That will not happen in 2014, so the rooms will have ALL of the amenities in the room(s) upon arrival. This includes: hair dryers, irons and ironing boards, and coffee makers.
Here are some other notes from the Anatole, to help you prepare for our second year at the hotel.
- FOOD COURT in Atrium 1 – is returning! Hours, Menus, and Prices will be posted on the website as we get closer.
- ROOM SERVICE – open 24 hours a day
- MINI BAR – Any items removed from the minibar in the room will be charged to your room. If you remove all the items from the minibar to put your own food/ drink in, your items will be removed when the staff services the room, in addition to being charged a $50 restock fee.
- GUEST ROOM SAFES – available in every room, check either in the closet or the dresser.
- GUEST ROOM INTERNET – $12.95 for a 24 hour period. It is complimentary in lobbies and restaurants.
- VENDING MACHINES – While there are not any vending machines in the hotel, the gift shops are well stocked with soft drinks and snacks.
- GUEST ROOM DEPOSIT – will not be charged this year. Your credit information will simply “hold” the reservation.
- ATM MACHINES – The Anatole is bringing back the multitude of ATM Machines – locations will be posted on the website as we get closer to Kon.
- BURGERS IN THE PARK – Also returning – near the Trinity
- FOOD TRUCKS – Will be outside the Jade Entrance – Who and When to be posted on the website.
- A-KON APP – it will be back loaded with lots of useful information, details to follow!
Once again, the hotel is not charging the one-night deposit when you make your reservation, and is also waiving the automatic incidental charge at check in. When you present a debit or credit card at check-in, please tell the agent whether you want “incidentals” turned on. Incidentals include: room service charges to your room, phone calls from the room, mini bar access, in room movies and parking automatically charged to your guest room. If you decide to have the incidentals turned on, your Debit / Credit Card will be charged $50 per day, per room unit “hold”. This is an industry standard to cover any incidental charges – movies, room service, phones, etc. Please note, the front desk will need to be told by you, at check-in, to make this change.
We have already started a discussion with the hotel about parking, and looking into some additional options. Information related to parking will be found on the A-Kon® App or the website. ONLY lots listed on these two sites can be considered “Official” parking.
SĒR (pronounced “sear”), the steakhouse on the 27th floor of the Tower will be open again in 2014, so be on the lookout for more information on the website.
And now, here’s the information that you have been waiting on, the ability to make a room reservation at the hotel. Since this is a new hotel, we wanted to give you some information about the variety of rooms that are available.
At this time, the Anatole is sold out of standard king and double rooms. There are some upgraded corner kings that start at $222.00 a night.
Rooms can be reserved by following the link below and making the reservation online: