Do not forget: Actual sign up is 7:30 PM, CST, on February 16, 2014.
The link: http://www.artistalleys.com/
Go look. There is a counter there and everything.
Additionally, if you were one of the testers this week, THANK YOU! You have been inordinately helpful and we very much appreciate it!
Good Luck everyone!
- Claudia Smith
- A-Kon Artist Alley Coordinator
Information about Sign Ups: http://artistalleys.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=171
A few notes about the Artist Alley for our general public:
The Artist Alley (AA) is a place for artists to showcase their talents and promote their own work at the longest running Anime convention in North America. This is the place to meet artists and artisans who will be promoting and selling their own work and services.
|Artist Alley Hours of Operation|
|Location: Trinity Ballroom|
Want to meet your favorite webcomic artist? Want to get a one of a kind plushy, made by hand? Want to meet a favorite author and get your book signed? How about a chance to commission that mash-up of the Joker fighting with Naruto over Rainbow Dash, while the Doctor tries to figure out what the heck is going on? You say you need some cosplay items that you can’t find anywhere else? These are just some of the things that the Artist Alley is about.
As you move among the tables and see the incredible variety of artwork that is available, don’t forget to take a minute to talk to the artists about your favorite offerings. We all love to share our work. And, when you buy from the artist, you are enabling us to make more art for you – a win/win all around.
We are all looking forward to seeing you there!
A few notes about the AA, for potential participants:
- There is no reselling allowed in the AA. All items for sale have to be made by the participant.
- While any participant may have help at their table, the artist/artisan has to be available, on site, in case of emergencies. This means that you are not tied to your table, and can take part in events, panels, etc. However, you have to be available if the staff needs to talk to you.
- Due to the change of venue for the convention, the AA will be closed each night.
- All participants in the AA must have a Texas State Sales Tax permit to sell.
- Weapons vendors are not allowed in the AA for security reasons. Even if you make your own weapons (artisan), you will need to be in the Dealer’s Room.
Interested in participating, and showing off your art? Drop a line to email@example.com and ask to be put on the mailing list. Details about how to apply and try to get in, will be e-mailed to you.