This year NekoNeko Maid and Host Club is looking for a few additional maids and hosts to join their Dallas chapter who are ready to bring back maid/host cafe cuteness to A-Kon for the third year in a row! You MUST be seventeen (17) years of age at the time of the convention in order to be a part of our team. Please understand you will be expected to work and perform a set number of hours during the convention. You must also provide your own maid uniform. (Can be hand made, must be black and white.) After the event is over, the maids will be treated to an all expenses paid after-party by NekoNeko!
As a maid or host you’ll have the opportunity to cosplay your very own maid or host character that you create from scratch or base on your favorite anime and manga characters. Dress up in the cutest maid, Lolita, and cosplay outfits and show your skills in dancing, para para, singing, and overall being super kawaii!
What will you be doing other than acting super cute you ask? Well we’ll tell you! As a maid or hostess you’ll work closely with our customers. You get the opportunity to discuss your favorite anime, video games, music, and fandom with other fans from the A-Kon community. Enjoy your time playing fun games such as tick-tac-toe, Jenga, Jan Ken Pyon, and many more. As well as your dreams of being on stage coming true! We’re looking for maids who are enthusiastic about J-Pop and dance, and willing to get up on stage and perform your favorite songs with other maids, or even solo if you think you can do it! And you get to do all of this as some of the cutest maids to ever walk into the convention center!
Leading up to A-Kon we’ll have a maid only web forum that will have challenges, quizzes, online events, and updates to keep you involved! This is where we will be doing training for the actual event such as dance lessons, song practice, and maid manners.
So you want to work with us at A-Kon? What do you have to do!? Simple. Apply!
To apply please send in the following Questionnaire along with two(2) pictures of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org. (A head shot and a body shot) The photos do not need to be professional but do need to be clear. Applications need to be sent in by March 30th, 2013. The earlier you send it in, the better chance there is you will be accepted! We have limited space for maids/host!
1. Introduce yourself, who are you?
2. How old are you? (Remember you have to be 17+)
3. What interests you about Neko Neko Maid & Hostess Club? Why do you want to join us?
4. What do you think you can bring to Neko Neko, what are some of your redeeming qualities that will separate you from the other maids? We’re obviously not looking for all of our maids to be clones; we want everyone’s personality to shine through so we can all have fun being ourselves!
5. How do you think you’ll get along with the other maids? Are you the type to have one really good friend or do you see yourself becoming friendly with everyone in Neko Neko?
6. Have you ever performed before? If you have where and when! Even if it was your school play in second grade, do you remember any of the lines? Can you still recite them for us!? If you haven’t preformed do you think you would be comfortable getting up on stage and singing?
7. Have you ever had a job before? Where was it, what were some of your responsibilities? Do you still work there? If not, did it end well? Can we contact them as a reference?
If you haven’t had a job tell us what your dream job would be!
Now say you got your first job, in a really hot pizza kitchen, that’s always busy, and you only get minimum wage. Think about that for a second, now how do you feel about it? Are you grateful just to have a job, do you think it isn’t worth the money, do you hate the job and everyone you work with? Be honest here!
8. Say we have accepted you as one of our maids since one of our rules to keep you safe is “Do not ask the maids for any personal information.” How would you respond if one of our enthusiastic customers asked you for your e-mail so they could talk to you after the event? Because they think you are the cutest thing and they’re madly in love with you! How will they find you after their time at the event is over?!
9. Again say you’ve been accepted. It’s one of our busiest shows and the photo cards of you lovely maids are selling out faster than you can say Jan Ken Pyon! You see one of your fellow maids, who is really sweet and you’ve become really good friends, take money from the cash box. How do you respond? Do you still respond like that even knowing her puppy is sick and needs surgery when she gets home? How should she respond in this situation?
10. Now that you’re hypothetically one of our maids, please introduce yourself to us as you would to your table at the event. If you haven’t already picked a maid name please use “Shoujo” for now. We’ll happily work with you to develop your character after we see you at the online forum!
11. Anything else you would like to say to us feel free to say it here! After all we’re trying to get to know you!