A-Kon is primarily staffed by volunteers.
Project A-Kon 26 June 5-7, 2015
1. The minimum age to volunteer at Project A-Kon is 16. Staff Heads may set higher minimum ages for their staffs at their discretion. For volunteers between the ages of 16 and 18, A-Kon may require parental approval.
2. To earn a Volunteer badge, a volunteer must work a minimum of 16 hours. However, Staff Heads may require more hours of each volunteer, as necessary for scheduling shifts and covering hours of operation.
3. All volunteers must abide by Phoenix Entertainment rules and policies regarding attire, weapons, drugs, and alcohol. Kon policies are in place to protect staff, guests, and Kongoers from harm or liability. Additionally, Dallas city ordinances are strictly enforced by the police officers in and around the hotel.
4. While crash rooms are available for volunteers the weekend of the Kon, they are strictly gender-segregated, and their use is limited exclusively to the members of the staff to which they are assigned. Anyone found in violation of this policy will be removed from the room, and their volunteer status revoked for the weekend.
5. After you submit your application, it will be processed by the Volunteer Coordinator and the appropriate Staff Heads. You will receive either a confirmation of your status as a Volunteer, or a notification that we are unable to use your services. Please do not purchase a membership to the convention unless you receive this notification.
Volunteering is now closed. If you wish to volunteer, you will need to do so at the convention onsite.