Maid and Host Club Auditions
Neko Neko Maid and Host Club Auditions
Want to be a NekoNeko maid or host?
Neko Neko Maid & Host Club is looking for maids and hosts that are 17+ years old (located in, or willing to travel to Texas) who would like to perform along with our touring cast members and are ready to bring back maid/host cafe fun to Project A-Kon for the seventh time in a row!
As a maid or host you’ll have the opportunity to cosplay your very own maid or host character that you create from scratch or base on your favorite anime and manga characters. Dress up in the handsomest host outfits or an adorable maid uniform and show your skills in dancing, para para, singing, and overall being super charming!
Leading up to our new tour season we’ll have a maid and host only web forum that will have challenges, quizzes, online events, and updates to keep you involved! This is where we will be doing training for the actual event such as dance lessons, song practice, and host manners. It will be the most exclusive forum on the web considering we’re only looking for 7-17 additional hosts and maids.
So you want to volunteer with us and become part of the NekoNeko family? What do you have to do!? Simple. Apply!
To apply as a host or maid simply answer the following questionnaire in video format (avi, wmv or mpg files only please) , and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
~~This year it /must/ be in video format~
Also include a video of yourself singing and/or dancing and/or performing a monologue from your favorite movie/ tv show/ play will give you a better chance at acceptance, however it is not mandatory.
***We stop accepting applications March 2nd, so be sure to get yours in before then***
- Introduce yourself, who are you?
- What interests you about Neko Neko Maid & Host Club? Why do you want to join us?
- What do you think you can bring to Neko Neko, what are some of your positive qualities that will separate you from the other hosts and maids? We’re obviously not looking for all of our members to be clones; we want everyone’s personality to shine through so we can all have fun being ourselves!
- Have you ever performed before? If you have, where and when? Even if it was your school play in second grade. If you haven’t performed do you think you would be comfortable getting up on stage and singing?
- Neko Neko can be demanding [but fun!] at times, especially right before an event, so maids and hosts are expected to abide by our policy of exclusivity [meaning you can only be a maid or host for Neko Neko, not other cafes/clubs or entertainment companies that produce a maid cafe (permissions may be granted on a case by case basis)] to lessen the strain of learning performance material for another maid show and to prevent a conflict of interests. Say hypothetically we accept you as one of our maids/hosts, however one of your friends sees that auditions for another maid cafe have opened a few months after ours have closed and she wants you to audition with her. How would you handle this situation?
- Now that you’re hypothetically one of our members, please introduce yourself to us as you would to your table at the event. If you haven’t already picked a maid or host name please use “Shonen” or “Shoujo" for now. We’ll happily work with you to develop your character after we see you at in our Facebook community group and the online forums!
- Do you understand that the position you are applying for is within a volunteer organization and therefore is unpaid?
- Anything else you would like to say to us feel free to say it here! After all we’re trying to get to know you!
( Photographs by the wonderful D.Lee Photography, who Neko Neko Maid and Host Club highly recommends )
A-Kon® 28 at the Fort Worth Convention Center
The Fort Worth Convention Center is within walking distance of thousands of downtown Fort Worth hotel rooms, a variety of delicious restaurants and fabulous shopping. It offers more than 250,000 square feet of exhibit space, nearly 60,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, an impressive 28,160 square-foot ballroom, a 13,500 person events arena, and a 55,000 square foot events plaza that connects to the one-of-a-kind Fort Worth Water Gardens.